What a way to start off Fashion Week

Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P. Alexander McQueen - a true fashion icon

The wonderful Alexander McQueen was found dead this morning in his London home. Just days before London Fashion Week begins, and about a week after his beloved mother's death.

E! news said that McQueen tweeted last week, "I'm letting my followers know the my mother passed away yesterday if it she had not me nor would you RIP mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

The designer was supposed to have a showing today, at 3 p.m. in New York for Fashion Week, but it was canceled because of his unfortunate death.

McQueen regularly dressed fashion forward celebrities and was an icon to many in the fashion world. He will truly be missed.(photo from the Fashion Windows website)
(Spring 2010 Collection)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Tickle Me Chic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.